Erik Hatcher wrote:

On Jan 7, 2004, at 7:05 PM, Thomas Hicks wrote:

Then, in the <java> task I said:
        <target name="echotask">
        <java ....>
           <arg line="${1} ${2} -previousflag" />
           <arg value="${previousarg} />
        </java>

One more thing... if you are doing <java> a lot, you may want to consider turning your class into an Ant task. It's easier than you think, just have a 'public void execute()' method on it, <taskdef> it, and voila. You can implement setters like 'public void setQuiet(boolean quiet)' and use quiet="true" on the task. This is the cleanest, most Ant Way of doing this... DREW! :)

I have written Ant tasks before, and they appear to work ok. I think that we discusses the <copypath> task that I wrote and I was puzzled to find that the task didn't exist already. The answer you gave me was very insightful about the Ant community - most people don't use ant to write systems, they write build files.

- Drew

--
< Drew Davidson | OGNL Technology >