My $.02:

I'm interested in Groovy and Jython as complements to Java;
since both allow use of Java class libraries. Jython appears to
be dead, almost no activity for well over a year. Groovy has some
interesting concepts (I was able to write a DB query which produced
XML in about 5 lines of code) but it doesn't strike me as
ready for prime time. Maybe because of its lack of documentation.

I would love to hear someone who knows more speak on either of these.

Also, how about a series of short (15 min) presentations on favorite
low-cost (or free) tools. I would volunteer for one of these in Dec
(may be traveling during Nov meeting :(   I can demonstrate the
Oxygen XML tool or the DB Visualizer tool.

Also, what about this Prevayler persistance thing? Anyone play
with that yet?
        -tom