On Jan 2, 2005, at 9:18 PM, Tim Colson wrote:

I'm in if Tim wants
to write a few unit tests that candidate
implementations should turn green.
With the holidays and new puppy, I haven't been responding to email as
quickly...

So Erik/Bryan -- are you gents saying if I code up some dummy objects, and
then some junit tests with pseudo queries like: "all objects with a name or
skill containing java", then you gents would code up some in-memory
searches?

That's what I'm saying! :)

I can't promise quick turn-around time.... it'd depend on how tricky you made your tests. But the "all objects with a name or skill containing java" one shouldn't take long (on the order of minutes to code given a setUp and testXXX method that already got me the data and expectations).

Maybe something like this:

private ObjectManager om;
public void setUp() {
// create a Collection of objects
om = new ObjectManager(); // this will be the class I implement - you could mock it to get the test to compile
om.add(collection);
}

public void testFindJava() {
Collection results = om.findNameOrSkillContaining("java"); // how do we phrase the query generically?
// with a Lucene implementation you could do "name:java OR skill:java"

// assert whatever you like about the returned objects - should they be in any particular order?
}

        Erik

I could be game for that.

Tim