Hi All,

This project request came to us the other day, but we are not equipped to take on a J2ME project at this time. If anyone is interested in this, let me know. Feel free to talk to this guy directly, or if you prefer, I can make an introduction.

Andy

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brent Buford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: July 27, 2006 11:26:16 AM MST
To: Andrew Barton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Fwd: Custom J2ME Application/Port

Here's that thing I was telling you about....

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Scott Lord" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: July 25, 2006 2:25:53 PM CDT
To: Brent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Custom J2ME Application/Port

Hi Brent,

It was nice speaking with you earlier today.

I am looking for someone to get a C++ application
running on my new BlackBerry 7130c.  The 7130c's
application environment is Java, specifically J2ME.

The application I want to port is called BehavePlus.
It is used by wildland firefighters to predict
fire behavior.  Firefighters fight wildland fires
based upon current and expected Fire Behavior.  As a
member of a Wildland Fire Crew here in Colorado, just
such an application would be very beneficial.
Other crew members run it on palm pilots, but
I like the new BlackBerrys.

BehavePlus is a windows software application
which is public domain software put up
by <http://fire.org/>.  They do have a SDK:
_content&task=category&sectionid=2&id=31&Itemid=295>

Also they have a library called fireLab that is a C function library
using the BEHAVE algorithms.
_content&task=category&sectionid=2&id=11&Itemid=295>

Just fyi, I have contacted Fire.org to see if anyone has or is doing a
project like this.

Please float this around, I think it would make for an interesting project.

Thanks
R. Scott Lord
Captain
EPSO WildLand Fire Crew

--
Brent Buford
eBlox, Inc.

Austin:
512.867.1001 voice
512.867.1002 fax

Tucson:
520.903.2541 voice
520.903.2542 fax

Discover storeBlox and webBlox at the new eBlox.com!

--

Andrew Barton

eBlox, Inc.

520.903.2541

Check out the new Free Distributor Resource Center (including an online directory of more than 1200

Suppliers)! http://www.distributorresourcecenter.com

Instantly source more than 10,000 products online with Product Buffet. It's Free to Distributors and

Suppliers!  http://productbuffet.eblox.com