Hello Tim,

Welcome to the Swing world.  What your asking for has been done exactly
1,345,345.76 times (I
looked it up).  Your talking about binding a JTable to a ResultSet, then
implementing the
wizz-bang features like multiple column sorting, filtering, finding, etc.  For
as many times as
it's been done, you would think somebody would have written a library.  Maybe
its a part of the
unofficial Swing baptism specified by the Illuminati.  Here in the Swing world
we also have a
great selection of fine craft microbrews.  Enjoy and good luck.

Ray