To: <jug-discussion@tucson-jug.org>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 11:17 PM
Subject: Re: [jug-discussion] Hi guys.... Crank Crud Intro... JPA/JSF Crud tool

I can't recall the name of the Rails adjunct that provided Grails-like scaffolding.

I have to say that I like Grails' class-first approach better than Rails' table-first approach but it'll be interesting to see what the Grails guys come up with for migrations. (At NFJS Jeff Brown said they're working on it...)

A little OT...I've been working through "Groovy in Action" and hardly a session with Groovy goes by without an unpleasant surprise or two. When learning Ruby there were numerous times when my intuition was correct about how two pieces would fit together. With Groovy it seems like I'm constantly out of step.