On 8/13/07, Rick Hightower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I feel
> the productivety gain while using dynamic langauges is not as good as the
> productivty gain by using a good Java IDE. I'd rather have a good IDE then
> less lines of code. I realize that this may put me in the minority on this
> list but.... I am use to it.

The lack of a ruby refactoring IDE does really suck, but you learn to
deal with it :)  They are working on it, though - Jruby+netbeans, and
Ruby in Steel [1] on Visual Studio are two that I keep hearing about.
Also, some lightweight editors like TextMate do pretty well with the
idiom- and code-completion stuff.  I actually prefer TextMate
nowadays, which is a big conversion for a prior Eclipse devotee.  Less
chrome is nice :)  I'd switch in a second though if something could
give me foolproof project-wide method/Class renaming and such.

-- Chad

[1] http://www.sapphiresteel.com/spip.php?page=feature-list