Going along with what Chad said (and sorry for top posting, but I don't really understand that argument either) I'll take simple any day. Though I've seen the value of Spring in stuff like ServiceMix, I think Spring really shines in things like Grails. So, if I were going to build a webapp I'd choose a Ruby-based framework like Merb. ;-)

I've been working with Grails for the past month - to get away from a from-scratch project that was dumped on my team by a previous employee. I like Groovy a lot...but, Grails is rough.

In fact I'm using Spring and Spring-DM to host some OSGi bundles (where I'm shoving business logic). Unfortunately Grails doesn't accommodate much so I'm doing quite a bit of hacking.

I work for Accenture National Security Services (used to work at Raytheon).

Kit