From: "Steven Elliott" <elli...@interactivetec.com>
To: jug-discussion@tucson-jug.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 2:24:38 PM GMT -07:00 U.S. Mountain Time (Arizona)
Subject: [jug-discussion] Spring directory path

Sorry for posting this here but I am pretty sure someone has the answer that seems to elude me.

I have a POJO that contains application specific constants. One of the constants I want to put there is the file system root path of the application so that I can write files relative to the root from other POJOs. I want to do this in a generic way so the field in the POJO I would want to be either a string or a File (in otherwords I don’t want to use a Resource which binds me to Spring).

Normally I would do this through servletContext.getRealPath(“/”) but the POJO is not a Servlet and has no access to ServletContext.

What is the best practice of doing this the IOC Spring (2.0) way?

Thanks for the help.

Steven