On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Chad Woolley <thewoolley...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Todd Ellermann <todde...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Contact me off list if you want a linux service start/stop script for hudson.
>
> Yep, that's a must in my book for any real CI tool.  Here's the one we
> wrote for CCRB:
>
> http://github.com/thoughtworks/cruisecontrol.rb/tree/master/daemon

Hey, out of curiosity, how does hudson and/or your init script handle
killing all the builder's child and descendent processes (e.g. from
servers that were spawned by the build, such as an app instance and
servers for integration testing via selenium and jsunit, or
solr/lucene, etc...)?  As you can see from my link above, it was a
pain for me, I had to do a lot of shelling out and hacking to find the
process group and make sure everything was killed.

And the real test - how does it handle killing process trees on
windows as well as posix?

I just saw that Shucker said this is a also pain on continuum.  CCRB
doesn't even handle this natively, but the stop param to my init
script does, so that's what I use to kill everything...