I think you misunderstood :) Incremental Release benar untuk customer
feedback, tapi *memang* di deploy di production. That's why it's
called "release".

It is true that it comes with the risk of "barang beta dicemplungin ke
production box", but if you want real customer feedback, you have to
do it real.
Pernah denger Imvu.com? (sering ada iklannya di website pas jaman
pilem Avatar) Mereka incremental release ke production sehari bisa
50x!

Sometimes people use the word "agile" to indicate process that is not
really agile. Developing something for months (years?) without showing
anything "productionly usable" to users in between is not agile, even
tough they "collect customer feedback" and "do testing" during the
process.
(Waterfall method *does* collect customer feedback and perform testing).

--
salam hangat,
Thomas Wiradikusuma

Kirim email ke