Hi folks,

Lets start with the target: we have Saucy being released next month, and
we want to get a rocking release done for that.

Working backwards, and giving ourselves a week slack (which we will end
up needing) before final freeze, takes us roughly to the end of September.

I'd like to see where we are on our targets, and work out what we can
get done in the next three weeks that makes as many people happy as
possible.

1. MAAS Tag support

This seems to be a key need for a number of engagements we have, and
also a reason why some MAAS/Juju demos are still using pyJuju.  We have
talked about this a lot, but I haven't seen any other movement or
progress on it.

What is the current state of play with the provider or cloud specific
constraints?  Does anyone see real blockers to having MAAS tag
deployment constraints done in the next three weeks?  Who is going to be
the lead on this?  William?

2. Container Pain

Right now we don't have a way to restrict the users creating containers
that they cannot address.  I propose that we add a method to the
environment interface that is SupportsContainers() bool.  This can then
be used to stop people at least creating containers that they can't use.

This I think we need to do in the next three weeks, and make sure the
add-machine and deployment commands respect whether containers are
supported or not.  Currently the only provider that actually supports
containers is MAAS.

Next I think we should have SupportedContainers() on a machine.
Different machines can support different containers.  However I'm not
sure we should do this in the next three weeks, so will be the focus of
a different email.

3. API only non-bootstrap agents

How close are we on this one?  I know we have been making good progress,
but what is the likelihood of this being done in the next three weeks?

4. Manual provisioning, Manual bootstrap, Null provider

I think we are making good progress on this, and should have this in.

5. KVM containers

I have some work done by Robie Basak that provides us with some command
line tools for having images available, and starting/stopping and
listing kvm containers.  This needs someone on it, possibly me, to take
it further.  Based on the newness of the tools, I have about a 50%
confidence rating on this right now.

6. Container addressability for EC2 / Openstack

I don't know where this is at right now.  Can Martin please fill us in.

7. Simplestream tools

I talked with Ian earlier and he thinks there is about another week of
work to polish this up and add documentation.  This will really help the
use of Juju in private clouds, or non-certified public clouds.

8. What else do we have that is new or note worthy that we are working
on in the next three weeks?

Cheers,
Tim