Hi Curtis

On 29/10/13 20:32, Curtis Hovey-Canonical wrote:
> I know an RT was just closed about setting up the Juju PPAs to
> build for armhf. I wonder if we are in an "Uh oh, spaghettios"
> moment.

We have a separate team with armhf enabled PPA's for building juju +
toolchain.  This team is a private team so the PPA's are not generally
accessible.  They mirror the golang, devel and stable PPA's under the
~juju team.  You have access todo uploads.

> A few weeks ago there was a discussion about the risky period when
> the first package is published, and the time all packages are
> published and the juju tools are also published. There is a period
> between 15 minutes or maybe 15+ hours were users can get the latest
> Juju, but the tools are not published.

If we use these PPA's for building the releases, then we can push
everything out in sync as part of the release process to the public
PPA's and tool buckets.

> I was just setting up PPAs for staging [1] and testing. The PPAS
> will warn users not to add them to their system. I want to build
> into those PPAs. When all packages are built and published, we
> would then assemble and publish the juju tools, then lastly copy
> the packages to the stable/devel PPA.
>
> Do I need to do anything more than ask webops to enable arm for
> the PPAs? Do we need another RT?

Its a bit complicated... but I don't think we need the staging PPA anyway.

Cheers

James

- --
James Page