On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM, John Arbash Meinel
<j...@arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> I would probably avoid putting such an emphasis on "any machine can be
> a manager machine". But that is my personal opinion. (If you want HA
> you probably want it on dedicated nodes.)

Resource waste holds juju back for the small users. Being able to
share a state server with other resources does sound attractive from
that perspective. It may be the difference between running 3 machines
or 6.

> I would probably also remove the machine if the only thing on it was
> the management. Certainly that is how people want us to do "juju
> remove-unit".

If there are other units in the same machine, we should definitely not
remove the machine on remove-unit. The principle sounds the same with
state servers.

> The main problem with this is that it feels slightly too easy to add
> just 1 machine and then not actually have HA (mongo stops allowing
> writes if you have a 2-node cluster and lose one, right?)

+1

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net