So there is a request up to do this, which we can move forward on, but I'm
not personally convinced. If only because it isn't actually a simple
drop-in replacement.
Specifically, Godeps defaults to copying all of the dependencies into
Godeps/_workspace, and then wants you to actually change your commands to
"godeps go test ./..." etc.
If I read it correctly, essentially Godeps wants to control your GOPATH
rather than using a shared GOPATH.
I'm not a big fan of having an extra copy of my dependencies in a hidden
directory (since then I'm not actually sure what code is being run at any
given time.)
We *can* switch, but it means we should be prepared to switch over how we
run code, deal with dependencies, etc.

John
=:->

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 5:28 AM, Andrew Wilkins <andrew.wilk...@canonical.com