I have changed our memberships on teams under the github juju
organisation, to limit commit access to the juju branch to the landing
bot. Sorry for the extra email kipple from this.

Everyone is now a member of @juju/hackers and everyone except team
leads have been removed from owners.

Branches that have gated landings have @juju/bots only as
collaborators. Branches we still need to test and merge manually have
@juju/hackers as collaborators. The juju-gui project is both - you
guys may want to switch to bot only.

Owners can still do everything. This means yes, team leads, you can
still corrupt the central repository if you do bad things with git.

As a side effect, you'll notice you've been subscribed to lots of
repositories you may not have been previously. You can go and unwatch
any you don't want to receive email about, just go to the page (such
as <https://github.com/juju/jenkins-github-lander>) and on the
'Unwatch' dropdown select either "Not watching" or "Ignoring".

There are still a few issues with the current setup - most of us now
can't do useful things like add a new repository under the juju
namespace, we'll need to ask our team lead to do it instead. We also
can't bypass the bot if needed, and team leads lack a safety net by
default. One option would be to create a role account, jujuowner,
remove *everyone* from owners but that, and share the credentials to
that account. Would this be preferable to the current setup?

Martin