On 9 July 2014 15:20, Gustavo Niemeyer <gust...@niemeyer.net> wrote:
> Is there a reason to reinvent the API from the ground up, instead of
> extending what exists today?

We actually started out by thinking that we'd make something
backwardly compatible with the old charm store API, but
we're actually talking about inheriting from two APIs here,
charm-store and charm-world, and after some consideration
we decided to try to make a single API that takes ideas
from both but makes coherent sense in itself.

If we need to provide backward compatibility, we could
do that in a separate name space without changing the
proposed API.

  cheers,
    rog.