+1

I've experienced this type of policy and it leads to few things. More
tests, better tests, and better self reviews and developer QA.

I believe borrowing the other ideas from lean and agile but not having the
big stop button when a defect is found is an unsustainable approach to
development and with the recent growth in the number of people actively
working on the code base we are now experiencing that first had.