The charms I maintain and write are in Python and use charm-helpers. I have
a file called hooks.py and a bunch of symlinks pointing to it. Presumably
this change would push me to rename hooks.py to default-hook.

The issue I have is that then I cannot (easily) test that file, because
it's not a valid Python module name. So I'd end up still having hooks.py
and a symlink from default-hook to that. I'm not sure that this fix would
then alleviate the pain point...