On 22 August 2014 10:43, Marco Ceppi <marco.ce...@canonical.com> wrote:
> So there is already a JUJU_HOOK_NAME environment variable. So that is easy
> enough. I'm not sure what the issue is with having a default-hook file that
> is executed when juju can't find that hook name.
>
> I don't want to make it an all or nothing solution where you either have one
> file or hooks per file, there doesn't seem to be any real advantage to that.
> For example my default - hook might be written in a language not on the
> cloud image, now I need an install hook which installs that interpreter.

Looking at the charms I am writing now, I have install, start, stop
and do-everything-else. peer relation-broken is possibly the other one
that will need to be special, to ensure a unit being destroyed doesn't
stomp on active resources being used by the remaining peers.

> I'm a plus one to a fall back of default-hook when hook isn't found and a +1
> to the already existent environment variable.

I'm +0. The symlinks are a dead chicken that needs to be sacrificed,
but it is all explicit. I can imagine problems with default-hook too,
such as a typo causing your default-hook to be called instead of your
desired hook.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart.bis...@canonical.com>