On 24 September 2014 23:25, Jorge Niedbalski
<jorge.niedbal...@canonical.com> wrote:

> I know is not an option to abandon the usage of gTLS, but ideally,
> Juju should have a separated service and configuration path that
> doesn't interrupts any other rsyslogd process running on the host. I
> think we can workaround/fix this by running 2 different rsyslogd
> services with different configurations (maybe a default path different
> for juju /etc/rsyslog.d/juju/ ?),
>
> Please any observation would be appreciated

I too had difficulty when I needed to implement the rsyslog interface
in my charm. I did not like that I needed to reconfigure a service
required for juju to function correctly, as I have no guarantees that
my changes will continue to work with future versions of juju (and for
a beginner, rsyslogd is certainly not fun or easy to configure).

If syslog remains, it would be nice if juju setup its own separate
daemon so I don't have to worry about taking the environment down by
accidentally spamming my logs at the controller node :)

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart.bis...@canonical.com>