The state servers still use rsyslog, so you'd still have to be careful when
deploying the charm to a state server.  Probably it's best if we just fix
the juju code to use its own daemon so as not to collide with charms that
use it.  The unit machines don't need rsyslog... unless you decide to turn
one into a state machine using ensure-availability... so I don't think we
can just blindly assume it won't be there.