On 22 October 2015 at 22:17, Nate Finch <nate.fi...@canonical.com> wrote:

> IMO, all-machines.log is a bad idea anyway (it duplicates what's in the log
> files already, and makes it very likely that the state machines will run out
> of disk space, since they're potentially aggregating hundreds or thousands
> of machines' logs, not to mention adding a lot of network overhead). I'd be
> happy to see it go away.  However, I am not convinced that dropping text
> file logs in general is a good idea, so I'd love to hear what we're gaining
> by putting logs in Mongo.

I'm looking forward to having access to them in a structured format so
I can generate logs, reports and displays the way I like rather than
dealing with the hard to parse strings in the text logs. 'juju
debug-logs [--from ts] [--until ts] [-F] [--format=json]' would keep
me quite happy and I can filter, format, interleave and colorize the
output to my hearts content. I can even generate all-machines.log if I
feel like a headache ;)

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart.bis...@canonical.com>