On 23 October 2015 at 03:16, Aaron Bentley <aaron.bent...@canonical.com>
wrote:

> > The main issue I can see is that once rsyslog based logging is
> > turned off we lose the all-machines.log file which some people and
> > systems no doubt rely on. The logs for an environment can of course
> > still be retrieved using the "juju debug-log" command.
>
> all-machines.log is one of many log files CI stores so that failures
> can be debugged afterwards.

Once logging to the database becomes the default, all-machines.log won't be
there any more. It helps that the various machine-*.log files are already
also being collected by the CI infrastructure where possible. This
mitigates the issue somewhat.

What about running "juju debug-log" for the duration of each CI test? This
would mean all the logs end up on the host running the tests negating the
need to scp a file.

Alternatively, the to-be-created tool to dump the logs from the database
could be used after a test completes.