You can accomplish most of this with the existing plugin system.  You can't
override existing commands, but you can easily create thin wrappers around
them with your desired default args, and given the discussion around
--no-aliases, it seems like this is actually a benefit.  And plugins
provide an easy way to add more intelligent handling of args, and also come
with zero additional dev burden on core.