On 26 February 2016 at 16:35, John Meinel <j...@arbash-meinel.com> wrote:

> A fair point. But I'll note that we are trying to get go >= 1.5 into
> trusty back ports and use that for Juju 2.0
> We need something better than 1.2 that is in Trusty to build the lxd
> bindings at all, and we've wanted to move forward to not have to fight with
> all the dependencies that have already moved forward.

I'll happily move to a newer Go version when necessary. I'm currently using
1.3 as my main Go, but have 1.2 through 1.5 installed alongside for
troubleshooting version specific issues.

> I personally encourage us to use heterogeneous versions of go as much as
> we can. Because we should be compatible as much as possible. But it does
> look like our dependencies are going to force our hand.

Agreed. I think it's healthy for Juju's devs to be using a range of Go
versions (within reason). It helps to ensure we not relying on version
specific behaviour.

- Menno