FWIW, I add a line to my repo config. The second line (or first fetch)
below:

[remote "upstream"]
url = https://github.com/juju/juju
fetch = +refs/pull/*/head:refs/remotes/upstream/pr/*
fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/upstream/*

`git fetch` subsequently fetches all PRs. and checking one out becomes:

git co pr/5876
Branch pr/5876 set up to track remote ref refs/pull/5876/head.
Switched to a new branch 'pr/5876'

The order of fetches in the config is important, from more specific (
refs/remotes/upstream/pr/*) to less specific
(refs/remotes/upstream/*). Inverting
them will cause clobber induced churn when fetching, IIRC.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 4:59 AM, Chris MacNaughton <
chris.macnaugh...@canonical.com> wrote:

> That is interesting, I use the same configuration: origin is me, upstream
> is the parent fork. I didn't realize this was uncommon.
>
> According to Github, this is the normal, expected practice:
> https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo/#keep-your-fork-synced

Reed O'Brien
✉ reed.obr...@canonical.com
✆ 415-562-6797