Just to clear up a little confusion. OpenStack does support LXC as a “compute
hypervisor” (i.e. it can be used instead of kvm, qemu, esxi, etc.). Be sure to
check out the Compute Hypervisor Support Matrix for what features are supported
on each (and whether they’ll be removed in the future).

Juju deployment on LXC as the “provider” is a different case, and likely fails
for the reasons mentioned below.

If you were really itching to test the new JuJu features, you could deploy an
OpenStack all-in-one on a single box (currently no existing easy way to do this
with Ubuntu, equivalent to Packstack), then deploy JuJu with the “OpenStack”
provider, and finally deploy another OpenStack (“OpenStack on OpenStack” or
“Triple O”) using the JuJu charms. It’s really sucks, but it can work.

-Tim