I believe CloudStack is used by quite a number of smaller public clouds
such as exoscale and datapipe. The reason I am going to use CloudStack is
because a company who has a CloudStack cloud (PCextreme) donated some of
their computing resources to my FOSS project MolView (http://molview.org,
I'm basically trying to make chemistry and biology education more awesome).
I started using Go a few months ago for another project so I'm already
familiar with some aspects. A non-official CloudStack client is available
for Go (https://github.com/xanzy/go-cloudstack) although it's not extremely
well documented.
I would definitely want to give it a try but I first have to get the juju
code working on openSUSE (or start developing in an Ubuntu VM). I already
started a different thread for this.