+1 to what Stuart says below about container creation.

Plus, I have found just today in testing that about 1 in 4 times, the
provisioning simply fails silently. ie a new container is supposed to be started
to deploy a charm into, but nothing happens. lxc list shows nothing and the
machine remains allocating in Juju. Both Andrew and myself have observed this
issue.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1532186