On 17/03/16 18:15, Billy Olsen wrote:
> Yes and as such, all bundles should have tests that show the validity of
> the bundle.

This sounds more like the "stack" idea we have discussed, where you have
a charm which drives the models of other charms (e.g. an "openstack"
charm). In that case, yes, I see it being useful to have tests in the
stack charm of the behaviour of all the component charms when used together.

But I like the idea of keeping bundles "quick and cheap", easy to
create, easy to share. A requirement of tests for a "good" bundle would
be, imo, a passion killer.

> Essentially, I think the tests boil down to the following:
>
> 1. Unit Tests - test the code of the charm itself
> 2. Amulet Tests - provides a function-level test of the charm itself
> 3. Bundle Tests - provides a system-level test of the solution provided by
> the bundle

Yes, I buy into that, as long as we say that charm authors should probably have
some bundles with tests of their charms, but bundle authors can happily not
worry about that.

Mark