On 14/06/16 20:49, Daniel Bartholomew wrote:
> I use the juju ssh command to ssh into my deployed MariaDB units. For example:
>
> juju ssh mariadb/0

That would work.
> There might be a better way to set it up, but I'm not enough of a juju
> expert to know.

Another way is to make a script that does this operation, and include it
in the charm as an "action".

An action is a hook that can be invoked by the operator. It can take
parameters as a YAML structure. So in this case you could create an
action "clear-db" which does this. You submit that to the mariadb charm.

Then the operator can just do:

  juju run-action mariadb/1 clear-db

An action can produce output which can be fetched later, and it can
provide a status so the operator will know when it is done.

Any common operation, like "backup the database" or "checkpoint the SAN
filesystems" would be welcome as an action.

Mark