Trying to use the peers interface to coordinate all units of an application
to know about each other, I find myself feeling like this should be a built
in functionality. In other words, "tell me who my peers are" shouldn't turn
into a giant milestone for every charm who needs to know what peers it has
(skewed usage of peers here per Juju definition of peers). I feel like
there are a decent number of charms/applications that will end up
recreating this functionality independently (or already have), to the
extent that we should probably think about making this functionality more
built in/generic. My understanding for what a peer is, is different than
what Juju defines a peer to be, hence we should think about defining some
terminology around the term 'peer'. Possibly there is just a need for a
generic 'members' interface built off the peers interface, which would do
the coordination and caching bits, and make some basic information
available to each member about its complimentary members?

Thoughts?