On 22/02/17 19:46, James Beedy wrote:
> A client can 'accept the defaults' by not setting any properties on
>
>     the db relation when it joins (dating back to the original protocol
>     with pyjuju). When the PostgreSQL charm runs its relation-joined and
>     relation-changed hooks, it has no way of telling if the client just
>     wants to 'accept the defaults', or if the client has not yet run its
>     relation-joined or relation-changed hooks yet. So if it sees an empty
>     relation, it assumes 'accept the defaults' and provides a database
>     named after the client service.

IIRC we agreed that the full state of a unit would be exposed to it from
the beginning, if we know that.

We have had ample time to introduce changes in behaviour since pyjuju,
so I suspect this is just something that slipped through the cracks, not
something we especially want to preserve. Could you file a bug with the
proposed change in behaviour that would enable charmers to be more
definitive in their approach?

Mark