My lab is juju using vsphere kubernetes -
https://jujucharms.com/docs/2.1/help-vmware - my nodes all get their IP’s and
DNS from a local domain server and tested used using the -
https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/services-networking/dns-pod-service/

All of the Nodes Master and worker have 8GB Mem, 30GB of disk space as well.
The VMware environment is my main lab and it’s well established, I do allot of
testing ☺

So as far as I know everything looks good and the logs seem happy on the DNS
side. I did have to adjust my DHCP Server some and the deployment script to use
the server but other than that it seems to be fine.  It’s part of the reason I
am looking for a way to build a deployment YAML file out of my current running
environment so I can change settings without redepoloying and having to redo
all of the DNS Server names etc.

But when I start testing using this -
https://kubernetes.io/docs/tutorials/stateless-application/expose-external-ip-address/

I never get an external IP Address – I have been through several documents and
test some ingress and such still not getting an IP automatically

Now if I do the same above but add in

kubectl expose deployment hello-world --type=LoadBalancer
--external-ip=192.168.0.162 --name=my-service          – set the externalip= is
one of my worker nodes then I can hit the deployment fine.

So what else am I missing?

Cheers

Micheal