Hi Micheal,

You don't get the external IP automatically because the k8s cloud-provider
flag is not automatically set to vsphere for you (yet).

When you deploy to AWS with conjure-up, we set the k8s cloud-provider for
you so that you can use AWS features like ELBs and EBS. We intend to add
this native-cloud integration for vsphere also, but haven't yet. So for now
you'd need to do it manually. More info here:
https://github.com/juju-solutions/bundle-canonical-kubernetes/issues/402

Hope that helps,
Tim