Hi,

I'm using Julia compiled from git in Arch linux, and in the last weeks I've
been getting almost random segmentation faults, mainly, but not only, when
running Pkg.update().

I've followed the procedures from
https://gist.github.com/staticfloat/6188418 (except for the Github issue
opening) and I'm posting here the gdb logs. All logs refer to starting
Julia with an empty .julia/v0.3 folder.

I started by running versioninfo(true) before Pkg.update(), but somehow in
this case it doesn't segfaults; here is a gdb log copypast for that case:
https://gist.github.com/cdsousa/9cfa5307ae221e72f2e2#file-julia_ok_log

If I just run Pkg.update(), also with an empty .julia/v0.3, it segfaults:
https://gist.github.com/cdsousa/9cfa5307ae221e72f2e2#file-julia_nok_log
(the log is huge since there is a lot of llvm code in the middle)

I've also seen segmentation faults when running other commands, and I even
have got BoundsErrors from Base functions in a few occasions.

I've also discovered that by removing the precompiled sys.so, the segfaults
disappear:
https://gist.github.com/cdsousa/9cfa5307ae221e72f2e2#file-julia_nosysso_ok_log

I have no knowledge about how to further tackle this issue.
What can I do next?

Thanks,
Cristóvão