Oh that would be awesome! Thanks for your patience in giving this a try :)
I think that error may be because the npm executable (and maybe even node)
is not in your PATH.
That line is esentially doing this on the command line:
npm install zmq --save-dev
npm install gulp --save-dev
npm install gulp-util --save-dev
Can you see if npm is available on your PATH?
Also saw this tool for windows: chocolately. It seems to be a package
manager (like apt-get/brew) but for windows.
*http://chocolatey.org/packages/nodejs.install*<http://chocolatey.org/packages/nodejs.install>It
 may help you get through the dependencies and set your PATH correctly.
Unrelated side note - It may make sense to add Julia to chocolatey. Seems
like they support Python, Ruby, etc.
- Chris