On Monday, March 24, 2014 03:02:37 AM RecentConvert wrote:
> Is this question not clear or just uninteresting?

You're not showing how you're actually calling the constructor. If I
copy/paste your type definition, and then say Status([1:12]), it works just
fine
for me. What version of Julia are you running? I'm on master from about a week
ago.

A few comments:
- Your arrays have ambiguous dimensionality, so this will be slow. Presumably
it would be better to declare the fields as Valve1::Vector{Bool}. Or if you
need multiple dimensionalities, put the dimensionality N as a parameter of the
type, Status{N}, and declare them as Array{Bool, N}.
- I don't see the reason for "int64" in int64(length(vals)).
- You probably already know this, but in case it's useful to you: BitArrays
represent an Int64 (or vector of Int64s) as an array of bits.

--Tim