Yes that should definitely be interesting, please get back to us with your
experiences!

For 2d Delaunay you use the determinant of a 4x4 or 3x3 matrix for the
predicate. For convex hulls in 3d, you use literally the same determinant.
I'm not saying that a general convex hull code in n+1 dims will be as fast
as Delaunay in n dims, but if that convex hull code can be parametrized
with a generator type that represents a point on the quadratic surface
where the Delaunay points are embedded, I think that the differences will
be small.