> I agree that there should be some means of resolving conflicts (by warning,
> by precedence) but just dropping a whole set of methods because they
> conincidentially have the same name AND at the same time advertising
> multiple dispatch in julia doesn't fit for me.

Multiple dispatch would still work and no methods are dropped, you would
just need to fully qualify the generic function, like
e.g. `Gadfly.plot`, or you could do `plot = Gadfly.plot` to get the one
generic function you want into the global namespace.  I think this would
be less confusing than the order of `using` be significant.