I'm not familiar with that particular package, but the Julia way to do it
could be to use the Optim.jl package and create a random set of starting
points, and do a parallel-map over that set of starting points. Should work
quite well. Trickier (maybe) would be to just give each processor a
different random seed and generate starting points on each processor.