Thank you for your answer. So I would have to loop over, say 20 random set
of starting points, where in my loop I would use the Optim package to
minimize my MLE function for each random set. Where online is the documents
that shows how to specify that we want the command

Optim.optimize(my function, etc.) to be parallelized? Sorry for my ignorance, I
am new to Julia!