I have written a package FastGauss.jl available here:

https://github.com/ajt60gaibb/FastGauss.jl

to compute Gauss quadrature rules to 16-digit precision (so far Legendre,
Jacobi, Lobatto, Radau),
aiming to be the fastest implementation in Julia. For example, this is how
long
it takes to compute 1,000,000 Gauss-Legendre nodes and weights:

tic(), GaussLegendre( 1000000 ); toc()
elapsed time: 0.336489122 seconds

In my comparisons, GaussLegendre() is faster than Base.gauss() for n>60
(nothing in it for
small n), but my implementation right now does not allow for higher
precision. I couldn't find a
Gauss-Jacobi code in Base.

I am a Julia beginner (only been learning for 2 weeks) so I am assuming the
code can be
improved in a million and one ways. Please tell me if I've done something
that Julia does
not like. I am not sure if it is appropriate to make this an official
package.