On Tuesday, September 2, 2014 5:57:43 AM UTC-7, Alex Townsend wrote:

> On Tuesday, 2 September 2014 03:00:10 UTC-4, Jason Merrill wrote:
>>
>> On Monday, September 1, 2014 2:33:31 PM UTC-7, Alex Townsend wrote:
>>>
>>> I have written a package FastGauss.jl available here:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/ajt60gaibb/FastGauss.jl
>>>

>>> I am a Julia beginner (only been learning for 2 weeks) so I am assuming
>>> the code can be
>>> improved in a million and one ways. Please tell me if I've done
>>> something that Julia does
>>> not like. I am not sure if it is appropriate to make this an official
>>> package.
>>>

>> One thing to look out for is making sure your functions have consistent
>> return types. E.g. in
>> https://github.com/ajt60gaibb/FastGauss.jl/blob/91e2ac656b856876563d5aacf7b5a405e068b3da/src/GaussLobatto.jl#L4
>>
>> you have
>>
> Thanks! I tried to get the return types consistent, but obviously missed a
> few. I've been trying to use @code_typed to tell me this
> information, but reading the output is a little difficult (at the moment).

I think the community as a whole would like to see better tooling around
finding and fixing this kind of soft bug.

You might check out https://github.com/tonyhffong/Lint.jl, and
https://github.com/astrieanna/TypeCheck.jl. I haven't tried either of them
myself yet, but I've heard people say good things about both of them.