People seem to use emacs, vi, TextMate, Sublime Text, Light Table, etc. to
do Julia editing. The lack of a debugger that doesn't require source code
modification like Debug.jl does is certainly an issue and a lot of progress
has been made on that front over the summer. There are still a few
outstanding issues in the way of the debugger, but it's getting close.