I evaluated and shared my impressions of ConEmu, cmder, Console2, and
mintty a few months back here
https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues/7267#issuecomment-47131696. The
last libuv bugs that were causing trouble with mintty have been fixed since
then. People who want to use ConEmu can of course, but there were enough
performance issues and godawful default configurations that Isaiah and I
were not fans of using it by default.