Donald,

I would enjoy seeing your code once you release it. I'm doing research with
Bayesian bioinformatics models using MCMC.

You can place all your MCMC samples in a DataFrame and then call describe
on it to get a very similar output to what you described.

You can also write your own inspired from the definition
<https://github.com/JuliaStats/DataFrames.jl/blob/cb9cd7f4c72eb49efd94d722731919a4086f683c/src/dataframe/dataframe.jl#L683>

of the describe function. Or instead of using rpad to get the spacing
right, you can use @printf or @sprintf instead.