What kind of computer do you have?  Is it a 32-bit machine or 64-bit?  Can
you try running julia inside of gdb and giving any information on what gdb
says such as a backtrace showing where it crashed?

To run julia inside of gdb, just run "gdb julia", then when gdb is loaded
press "r" to run julia, and when it crashes, enter "bt" to get a backtrace.