a search of the julia-users list for the string "simplex" yields nine posts

since an attribute of benchmarking is speed/timing, this post stood out:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!searchin/julia-users/simplex|sort:date/julia-users/QCPHX63r0oQ/mheoSJqD96YJ

within that post, there is a link to a proper Julia implementation of
simplex:

    https://github.com/mlubin/SimplexBenchmarks
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fmlubin%2FSimplexBenchmarks&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEpR5OeVhQTUOTvWki3i8071GFezQ>

you may find the contents therein useful and/or interesting.